What's new in Optuma Version 1.6
This article covers the major features and changes released as part of the v1.6 update to Optuma.
To see a complete list of changes, additions and resolutions please click on the Help menu in Optuma and select the Change Log option.
- New Tool - Cross Correlation
- New Tool - COT Stochastic Oscillator
- New Tool - COT Sentiment
- New Tools - Ehlers Group
- New Tool - Geometric Square Angle
- New Tool - SuperTrend
- New Tool - Support Resistance Finder
- Stacked Studies display mode
- Price Extension Labels have been added to labels on swing charts and swing overlays
- Price Scale Label can now show % Change
- Critical File Check on Startup
What's New Video Overview
- IQFeed Real-Time data interface has been rebuilt to improve performance, and now has the option to ignore out of market ticks
- Unconfirmed status now available for pivot labels: unconfirmed labels will appear at 50% transparency
- Global Data Feeds updated to support realtime Indian derivatives markets
- Overlay tool now uses percentage changes when overlaying the chart to better assist in cycle detection.
- The Gann Zero Degree Angle tool now supports a custom level to project the angles from
- The Breadth Data tool will now appear for anyone that has the Optuma Breadth exchange enabled
- The Time Measure tool has been updated to include Year counts
- All regression functions have been updated to include support for Price and Percentage Change
- Decimal property added to Show Bar when set to display a number value
- Added the ability to delete a single Swing Statistics box placed on a swing overlay.
- Keyboard shortcuts has been updated to include Search Workbook functionality to quickly navigate to charts
- Time Price Labels and Time Price Measure tools have been updated to support the display of True Trading Days when the underlying chart has Calendar Days enabled
- A number of new properties and options have been added to the Analysis Tile tool
- Pixels has been added as a value in the tips of the Geometric Circle tool
- The Pattern Matcher tool has been updated to allow for the entry of a manual pattern calculation
- The process of adjusting a Global Layout to an Individual layout has been changed
- Updating TD Ameritrade Login Details
Back TestingFor the v1.6 update we have temporarily removed the ability to run Short and mixed Long / Short back testing from Optuma. While several tests show no issue, there have been a few instances now in our internal testing and reported by clients regarding inconsistencies in the results that appear when Short entries are included.
This appears to be due to misconceptions on how short trades are handled during the initial coding (years ago) when the module was first added to the program. We have learned much since then and are in the process of completely redesigning and rebuilding the back tester.
The decision was made to temporarily remove access to these options in the back tester while we complete the rebuild. Previously saved back tests using Short or mixed Long / Short will still run, however you will be unable to create new back tests using these options.
Long back tests are still available, and no issues have been found with these setups.
- New Scripting Function - BarIndex()
- SignalAfter() function now includes 'same bar' option
- CrossesAbove and CrossesBelow updated so that Equal does not trigger
- Signal Offset Property added to the TimeSinceSigna() function
- When a Show View / Bar / Plot tool is set up with a script that adds variables to the properties, they were not saved in the workbook (they would reset to the script values each time they were re-opened). These values will now be saved in the workbook
- The Pivot() function has been rebuilt to improve resource usage and speed
- All Synodical functions (eg Time by Synodic Degrees) have been added back to the GannTrader edition with updated calculations
- Detach Chart property added to the Ephemeris Tool
- Show Bar now supports multiple astro symbols when set to that view type
- Astro symbol positions will adjust automatically when placed on a Line chart so there is not such a large gap between the line and the symbols
- TimeSinceSignal() function updated to allow the projection of Astro criteria past the last bar of a chart
- The Swiss Ephemeris files have been updated to the latest available version
All planetary interval tools have been re-worked to make them faster and more accurate. Several tools had issues with very small or very large intervals and almost none of them could handle intervals over 360 degrees. We fully expect that some saved work from Optuma 1.5 may have different results in this update. This is something we always try to avoid, but when the previous results are wrong, we have no choice.
Note that as part of these changes we removed "Include Retrograde Motion" in the calculations. The concept was an attempt to include all the gross motion as an option. The issue was that the calculations were inaccurate and non-standard.
The fixes also allowed us to put back the Synodic Tools in the update.
Tools affected by these changes are :