IQFeed Troubleshooting - Moving IQFeeds Log
OverviewIQFeed stores a log file in your My Documents folder which can get quite large (several Gigabytes). If you have OneDrive setup to automatically sync your My Documents folder across systems, this log can cause problems with the IQFeed connection.
SolutionThere is no option to move the log within IQFeeds program settings, it can be done with a registry modification.
ProcessStep 1 - Setting up the new log folder.
1. Navigate to C: add a new folder and name it IQLog
Once the new folder has been created we need to give it full access so there are no permission issues:
1. Right click on the IQLog folder and select Properties at the bottom of the menu
2. Click on the Security Tab
3. Click on Edit
4. In the window that opens click on all the names in the top list and for each, check all the Allow boxes.
5. Press Apply - Ok.
6. Close back to the Desktop.
Step 2 - Moving the Log File Path
1. Open Windows Explorer (Windows Key + E is the shortcut).
2. In the window that opens navigate to the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DTN\IQFeed\
or if you are using the 64bit version of IQFeed...
3. Locate the file called Diagnostics.exe and run it.
4. In the window that opens, click on the Logging page tab:
5. In the window that opens left click the folder icon:
6. In the window that opens navigate to the IQLog folder created you created earlier.
7. Click OK, then click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the Diagnostics window.
8. Close back to the Desktop.
Once this has been done, IQFeed will use this new folder for the Log file it generates, and One Drive will not try to sync it to the web constantly.