IQFeed Troubleshooting - Windows Security (Real Time)
OverviewThe Windows inbuilt Security system for Windows 10 includes a real-time monitoring component that can slow down the Optuma / IQFeed connection.
SolutionAdd Optuma and IQFeed as Exclusions from the real-time protection process.
Process1. Close Optuma and IQFeed
2. Click on the Windows start button and search for Windows Security. Click on the option that is found.
3. In the window that displays left click the Virus & Threat Protection shield icon.
4. In the window that opens, scroll down to the Virus & Threat Protection Settings and click the Manage Settings link.
5. In the window that opens, scroll down to the Exclusions section and click the Add or Remove Exclusions link.
6. In the window that opens click the Add an Exclusion button and select Folder from the drop down menu.
7. Select the Optuma program folder, by default this will be:
8. Repeat Step 6 and add the following folder paths:
- My Documents\Optuma\
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DTN\IQFeed\
Once this has been completed all four Optuma folders should appear in the Windows Security page:
Close back to the Desktop and restart the system to complete the process.