Keltner Channels are based on a Moving Average with the actual band lines offset by a positive and negative Welles Wilder ATR value from the central moving average, to provide upper and lower bands.
Actions & Properties
Add Technical Alert: When selected a Technical Alert will be created for the selected security.
Add to Toolbar: Click this action to add the selected Keltner Channel to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple Keltner Channel tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as hiding or adding levels- as this allows all the other Keltner Channel tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Data to Clipboard: Will copy the tool's values to the clipboard which can then be inserted into a spreadsheet, for example, allowing for further analysis.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected Keltner Channel, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: If the lines of the tool are displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the lines view to the background.
Move to Front: If the lines of the tool are displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the lines to the forefront.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the Keltner Channels, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the Keltner Channels Properties (Colour for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new Keltner Channel to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Delete: Delete the Keltner Channels from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it's displayed in the Structure Panel.
Bars: The number of bars that are averaged (e.g. if 5 then the values for the last 5 bars are added and divided by 5).
Constant: The Constant that is used in the multiplication to specify how far the bands are from the central average.
Upper Plot: Expands to display the line properties of the upper band. The following properties can be adjusted:
- Plot Style - Adjusts the display style of the Upper Band of the Keltner Channel tool. There are 6 options available: Line, Dot, Histogram, Step, Shaded, Shaded Step.
- Line Style - When Line is selected as the Plot Style, the Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot, Stippled.
- Line Width - Allows you to adjust the width of the Upper Band of the Keltner Channel tool. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour - Allows you to adjust the colour of the Upper Band of the Keltner Channel tool.
- Fill Colour - This option becomes available when the Plot Style is set to Shaded, allowing you to alter the shading colour.
- Fill Transparency - This option becomes available when the Plot Style is set to Shaded, moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the upper plot shading.
- Visible - Un-tick this checkbox to hide the Upper Band of the Keltner Channel from the chart.
Average Plot: Expands to display the line properties of the Average (middle) line. The properties are identical to those listed in the Upper Plot.
Lower Plot: Expands to display the line properties of the Lower band. The properties are identical to those listed in the Upper Plot.
Offset: Moves the tool forward or backwards in time. The offset is measured in bars, so a value of 2 will push the tool forward 2 bars and -2 will move the tool back 2 bars.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.
Show in Price Scale: When selected the current Keltner Channel value will be displayed in the Price Scale.
Last updated Tue, Mar 28 2017 4:07am