Moving Volume Weighted Average Price
The Moving Volume Weighted Average Price (MVWAP) takes the raw VWAP values and creates an average of the value to smooth the results. For more information please refer to the VWAP page.
The Moving Volume Weighted Average Price includes the option of displaying up to three standard deviation channels, as per the below example.
Actions & Properties
Add Technical Alert: When selected a Technical Alert will be created for the selected security.
Add to Toolbar: Click this action to add the selected MVWAP to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple MVWAP tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as hiding or adding levels- as this allows all the other MVWAP tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Data to Clipboard: Will copy the tool's values to the clipboard which can then be inserted into a spreadsheet, for example, allowing for further analysis.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected MVWAP, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: This option allows the selected item to be positioned behind the chart.
Move to Front: This option allows the selected item to be positioned in front of the chart.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the MVWAP, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the MVWAP Properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new MVWAP to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Delete: Delete the MVWAP from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it's displayed in the Structure Panel.
Period: The number of bars that are used in the calculation of the tool.
Calc Using: This option is used to determine which components of the data are used in calculating the MVWAP. You can choose from, Open Price, Closed Price, High Price, Low Price, HL Average (High + Low / 2), HLC (High + Low + Close / 3), OHLC (Open + High + Low + Close / 4), OC (Open + Close / 2) and Median.
Intraday Timeframe: Sets the timeframe that the MVWAP is calculated on.
Plot Style: Adjusts the display style of the MVWAP. There are 6 options available: Line, Dot, Histogram, Step, Shaded, Shaded Step.
Line Style: When Line is selected as the Plot Style, the Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot, Stippled.
Line Width: Allows you to adjust the width of the MVWAP. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
Line Colour: Allows you to adjust the colour of the MVWAP line.
Show Standard Deviation: When selected the Standard Deviation Channels will be displayed.
Std Dev Period: Sets the standard deviation period.
Std Dev Multiplier: Sets the standard deviation multiplier.
First Deviation: This expands to display the following properties:
- Plot Style - Allows you to change how the MVWAP is displayed on your chart. There are 6 options available: Line, Dot, Histogram, Step, Shaded, Shaded Step.
- Line Style - The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of the line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot and Stippled.
- Line Width - Allows you to adjust the width of the line. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour - Allows you to select the colour of the line. Clicking on the drop down arrow will display a colour swatch. Locate the desired colour and left-click it once to select it.
- Show Fill - When selected the Standard deviation channel will be filled.
- Fill Colour - When "Show Fill" is selected you are then able to set the fill colour.
- Fill Transparency - When "Show Fill" is selected you are then able to adjust the fill transparency. Moving the slider bar to the right will decrease the transparency.
Second Deviation: This expands to display the same properties as the First Deviation.
Third Deviation: This expands to display the same properties as the First Deviation.
Offset: Moves the tool forward or backwards in time. The offset is measured in bars, so a value of 2 will push the tool forward 2 bars and -2 will move the tool back 2 bars.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool, moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.
Show in Price Scale: When selected the current Moving Volume Weighted Average Price value will be displayed in the Price Scale.
Last updated Tue, Mar 28 2017 11:51pm