Jenkins Secret Angle
The Jenkins Secret Angle is a proprietary tool, developed by Michael Jenkins from Stock Cycles Forecast.
Click here and scroll to the section on the Secret Angle Method for more information.
To add the tool to your chart, select the tool from the Jenkins tool group, and left-click on the first bar you want to calculate the tool from. Next, left-click on the bar where you want to calculate the tool to. Optuma will then draw the tool using the default settings.
Actions & Properties
Duplicate Angles: Allows the Secret Angles to be duplicated on the chart.
Add to Toolbar: Adds the selected tool to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple Jenkins Secret Angle tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as line colour - as this allows all the other Jenkins Secret Angle tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected tool, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: If the tool is displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the tool view to the background.
Move to Front: If the tool is displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the tool to the forefront.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the tool, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the tool’s properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new Jenkins Secret Angle to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Delete: Deletes the tool from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it's displayed in the Structure Panel.
Levels: Click on this option to display the different levels for the Vertical lines.
To add a new level to the chart, left-click on the blue + button and enter the values as needed.
- Value - Sets the level percentage value. To change the value amount, click in the field and enter the new value.
- Line Style - Sets the line type, thickness, colour and transparency of the Jenkins Secret Angle.
- Visible - To hide a level, deselect the check box with the green tick.
Calc Style: Option to change the calculation style from 'Geometric' to 'Time/Price'.
Show Text: When selected, the percentage values for each level will be displayed at each interval.
Font Size: Allows you to adjust the size of the text displayed for the percentage labels. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the font size.
Show Fib Retracements: When selected, the Fibonacci retracement lines will be displayed.
Duplicate Fibonacci Levels: When selected, duplicate Fibonacci retracement lines will be displayed.
Base Line Style: This option expands to show the following:
- Line Style - The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of the base line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot, Stippled.
- Line Width - Allows you to adjust the width of the base line. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour - Allows you to select the colour of the base line. Clicking on the drop down arrow will display a colour swatch. Locate the desired colour and left-click it once to select it.
- Transparency - Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the base line. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
- Visible - Un-tick this checkbox to hide the base line from the chart.
Vertical Line Style: Expands to display the properties for the vertical line style. The properties are identical to those listed for the Base Line Style.
2nd Angle Percentage: Set the 2nd angle percentage value (the default value is 50).
Cross 1 Percentage: Set the Cross 1 percentage value (the default value is 25).
Cross 2 Percentage: Set the Cross 2 percentage value (the default value is 50).
Show Mirror Cross Lines: When selected Mirror cross lines will be displayed.
Extend Left: When enabled, automatically extends the Jenkins Secret Angle to extend left across the chart as far as possible.
Extend Right: When enabled, automatically extends the Jenkins Secret Angle to extend right across the chart as far as possible.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.