Jenkins Secret Angle
The Jenkins Secret Angle is a proprietary tool, developed by Michael Jenkins from Stock Cycles Forecast. Click here for more information on the Jenkins Secret Angle method.
To add a Jenkins Secret Angle to your chart, select the tool from the Jenkins tool group, left-click on the desired starting point on your chart that you wish to add the Jenkins Secret Angle. Next, left-click on the second point and Optuma will then draw the Jenkins Secret Angle using the default settings.
Actions & Properties
Add New Level: Allows a new level to be added to the Jenkins Secret Angle tool. See Levels in the Properties section below for more information.
Add to Toolbar: Click this action to add the selected tool to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple Secret Angles have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as changing colours - as this allows all the other Secret Angles in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Tool: Allows the selected tool to be copied, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Duplicate Angles: Allows the Secret Angles to be duplicated on the chart.
Move to Back: If the lines of the tool are displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the lines view to the background.
Move to Front: If the lines of the tool are displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the lines to the forefront.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the tool, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the tool's properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply the tool to a chart it will display using the new settings.
Delete: Deletes the tool from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it's displayed in the Structure Panel.
Levels: Click on this option to display the different levels for the Vertical lines. For additional information on adjusting the levels click here:
To add a new level to the chart, left-click on the blue + button and enter the values as needed.
- Value - Sets the level percentage value. To change the value amount, click in the field and enter the new value.
- Line Style - Sets the line type, thickness, colour and transparency of the Jenkins Secret Angle.
- Visible - To hide a level, deselect the check box with the green tick.
Calc Style: Option to change the calculation style from 'Geometric' to 'Time/Price'.
Show Text: When selected, the percentage values for each level will be displayed at each interval.
Font Size: Allows you to adjust the size of the text displayed for the percentage labels. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the font size.
Show Fib Retracements: When selected, the Fibonacci retracement lines will be displayed.
Duplicate Fibonacci Levels: When selected, duplicate Fibonacci retracement lines will be displayed.
Base Line Style: This option expands to show the following:
- Line Style - The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of the base line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot, Stippled.
- Line Width - Allows you to adjust the width of the base line. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour - Allows you to select the colour of the base line. Clicking on the drop down arrow will display a colour swatch. Locate the desired colour and left-click it once to select it.
- Transparency - Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the base line. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
- Visible - Un-tick this checkbox to hide the base line from the chart.
Vertical Line Style: Expands to display the properties for the vertical line style. The properties are identical to those listed for the Base Line Style.
2nd Angle Percentage: Set the 2nd angle percentage value (the default value is 50).
Cross 1 Percentage: Set the Cross 1 percentage value (the default value is 25).
Cross 2 Percentage: Set the Cross 2 percentage value (the default value is 50).
Show Mirror Cross Lines: When selected Mirror cross lines will be displayed.
Extend Left: When enabled, automatically extends the Jenkins Secret Angle to extend left across the chart as far as possible.
Extend Right: When enabled, automatically extends the Jenkins Secret Angle to extend right across the chart as far as possible.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.
The Educated Analyst
The Jenkins Secret Angle Cycle Finder