The Oliver Wedge is a proprietary tool, based on the work of Alan Oliver from Stockmarket Prophets Pty Ltd.
Note: The Wedge tool can only be applied to a Gann Swing Chart, and not the overlay.
To add the Oliver Wedge to your chart, select the tool from the Line Studies tool group, and left-click on the chart on which you wish to add the tool.
Actions & Properties
Add to Toolbar: Click this action to add the selected custom Oliver Wedge to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple Oliver Wedge tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as fill colour - as this allows all the other Oliver Wedge tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Data to Clipboard: Will copy the tool's values to the clipboard which can then be inserted into a spreadsheet, for example, allowing for further analysis.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected Oliver Wedge, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: If the Oliver Wedge is displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the lines view to the background.
Move to Front: If the Oliver Wedge is displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the lines to the forefront.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the Oliver Wedge, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the Oliver Wedge Properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new Oliver Wedge to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Delete: Delete the Oliver Wedge from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it's displayed in the Structures Panel.
Start Points: This provides an option to increase or decrease the number of start points for the tool.
Bullish Line Style: Expands to display the properties for the bullish wedge. The following properties can be adjusted:.
- Line Style - The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot, Stippled.
- Line Width - Allows you to adjust the width of the line. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour - Allows you to select the colour of the line. Clicking on the drop down arrow will display a colour swatch. Locate the desired colour and left-click it once to select it.
- Line Transparency - Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the line. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency.
- Fill Colour - Sets the shading colour for the bullish wedge.
- Fill Transparency - Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the bullish wedge shading. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency.
Bearish Line Style: Expands to display the properties of the bearish wedge. The properties are identical to those listed in the Bullish Line Style.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.
The Educated Analyst
The Wedge Pattern
Last updated Tue, Apr 11 2017 7:11am