Page Headers and Page Footers
For clients that have a Professional Services subscription, it is possible to add a page header and footer to your charts. This can be customised to display a variety of information from general comments, script results and price bar information, such as last close or volume. Please note that the Page Header differs from the Chart Header and is applied across tiled charts above History Slider.
This video is pulled from the Optuma 101 course that you can access here. This course takes you through the basics of Optuma and helps you get up and running and using Optuma to its full potential. In this video, Darren Hawkins, MSTA, covers how to apply, edit and delete Page Headers and Footers.
Adding a Header and Footer
To add a header and footer to your page, right-click on the page tab to display the following:
Left-click on the text No Header and then give the Header a name, this will then be saved and any changes you make to the Header under that name will be retained. This will allow you to use that same Header layout with other charts, because in future when you left-click on No Header this will display any previous Headers that you have created. If you also want to display a Footer repeat the process by left-clicking on No Footer.
Editing a Header or Footer
By default, the Header will contain the ticker symbol, name, open/high/low/close, volume and last price. The Footer will display the day, date and page number.
To move or edit the fields click on the pencil icon in the top right corner of the header and footer windows to enable the edit mode (gridlines to assist with alignment will appear).
Right-click on the text/field to the display the Properties for that item that will allow you to make adjustments such as font size or that label that is displayed for example.
Adding an Item to the Header and Footer
Whilst in the Edit Mode, right-click anywhere on the Header or Footer to add either a Field, Image (such as a company logo), Text box, Script, Author, Publish Date, or chart Timeframe.
- Add Field: The Add Field option provides a list of default items that can be added to the Header or Footer and are similar to what is available for a Watchlist. Please note that some items will require a live data feed.
The Note field is applicable to the Notes Journal and will display the comments from the last journal entry for that security if available.
- Add Image: Selecting this option will allow you to select an image file (such as a company logo) from your system that is in either png, jpeg or bmp format.
Example of a page printed as a PDF using a Page Header containing a logo image.
- Add Text: This provides the option of adding text directly to the Header or Footer. Text is added directly via the Properties section of the Control Panel or Right-Click menu, from here you can warp the text, as well adjust the alignment, font size and colour.
- Add Script: It is possible to add a script function to the Header or Footer, similar to what is available with a Watchlist. For example, the script may display a calculated value or a true or false result, e.g. is the Gann swing up. Selecting this option will display the Script Editorwhere you can select a Saved Script or create a new one.
Repositioning an Item
When in Edit mode you can reposition an item to anywhere on the Header or Footer. Place your mouse over the item you wish to move and the mouse pointer will change to a four-headed arrow, then left-click (and hold) and drag the item to the desired location.
Deleting an Item
When in Edit mode, you can delete an item by rolling your mouse over it and then left-clicking the red x.
When you have finished adding items and editing the Header or Footer left-click the pencil icon again in the top-right corner, this will exit Edit mode and return the Header or Footer to normal view.
Header and Footer Properties
Note: To access the Properties of an item, e.g. Text, Image or Script either left-click on the item after which the Properties will be displayed in the Control Panel, or right-click on the item to access the Right-Click menu.
- Field Text: Applicable for when text has been added to the chart, this is where you will enter the desired text.
- Label: Provides the option of adding a label to the selected item.
- Value X Offset: Alters the item's horizontal position.
- Value Y Offset: Alters the item's vertical position.
- Wrap Text: Applicable when adding text to the chart, selecting this will automatically continue the text on the next line(s).
- Font Size: Adjusts the size of the font. Moving the slider bar to the right will increase the size.
- Priority Order: If fields overlap, this setting will determine which field comes to the forefront when printing. For example, if a label was really long it could cover the next field's value such as the RSI. So by giving the RSI the higher priority the label will then be cropped as a result.
- Alignment: Alters the items alignment in relation to its position on the Header/Footer. Can be set to Left, Right or Center alignment.
- Field Type: When using different values or text, for example, you can alter how the field is displayed, can be set to:
- Hide if Value Blank: If the Field is calculated by a Script for example and no value is returned selecting this option will hide the field from the Header/Footer.
- Transparent Background: When selected the filed will have a transparent background.
- Colour: Will display a colour swatch to allow customisation of the item's colour.
- Script: Applicable when a Script Filed has been added, selecting this will display the Script Editor where changes can be made or a different Script selected.
- Image Filename: Applicable when an image has been added, this will display the current selected image file, clicking the button next to this will display the folder selection so you can select a different image.
- Width: Applicable for images, allows the width to be increased or decreased.
- Height: Applicable for images, allows the height to increased or decreased.