Setting up IQFeed Data in Optuma
DTN IQFeed provide realtime and 15 minute delayed data for a number of exchanges, including US equities and commodities, Sydney Futures, London Stock Exchange and forex. For details on setting up an IQFeed account for realtime data in your Optuma charts please watch this video:
Trent Smalley, CMT - Business Development Manager:
US Toll Free: 800.475.4755 x8435
US Direct: +1 402.255.8435
This article will take you through the process of setting up Optuma to use real-time data sourced from IQFeed.
Before you begin you need to have the following:
- A DTN IQFeed Account (Username and password) - If you require an account you can signup for a free trial by clicking here.
- The DTN IQFeed Data Client - you can download the program by clicking the download link here. Note that IQFeed will not appear as a data option under Data > Configure Data Providers in Optuma until the IQFeed Client has been installed.
- An active Optuma subscription.
1. Log into Optuma.
2. Go to the Data menu and select the Configure Data Providers option.
3. In the window displayed select IQFeed and click Next.
Note: If IQFeed does not appear in the list of providers it means that the IQFeed Data Client has yet to be installed on your system. Download and install the client from here, and then restart Optuma.
4. In the window that displays click the Next button.
5. In the window displayed left-click the exchanges you want IQFeed to provide data for, then click the > button.
6. Once the required exchanges have been added to the right-hand side, click the Apply button.
7. The IQFeed login window will open. Enter your login details and click the Connect button.
8. Restart the program to complete the setup process. The Data menu button should now be green and when moused over will confirm the connection and display download stats.
Charts from the selected exchanges will now be using IQFeed data as the source, with intraday time frames available for selection.
Ignoring Out of Market Ticks
Pre- and post-market ticks can be ignored by selecting IQFeed under Data > Data Providers and ticking the box in the pop up window. This will limit the charts to only update between regular market hours (ie 9:30am and 4pm New York time for US equities).