What's New in Optuma Version 1.1
How to upgrade to Optuma: More power, more tools, more data
Optuma includes several new features and changes (listed below), and allows the program to utilise much more of your system's resources to improve speed and allow for advanced analysis over a greater number of charts or larger watchlists.
Optuma is a separate installation to Optuma 32bit (MA8), meaning you will need to install the update via a new setup program, rather than running the usual updater. Part of the new installation process will include copying and converting your existing work to the new 64bit format. File extensions have been updated from Market Analyst designations to Optuma designations. For example, the current .mwb7 extensions used for workbooks will be automatically converted to .owb files during the installation process.
If you are unsure whether your Operating System is 32bit or 64bit, when you run the Optuma setup file a message will be displayed if you are on a 32bit system, and the installation will not complete and you can continue to use the 32bit version.
It is important to note that 32bit Optuma will remain installed on your system, so you can swap between the two programs. However, there will be no linkage between the two, so if you make a change on a 32bit workbook, it will not be reflected in the 64bit copy, and vice versa.
To download and install the new version, log in to your account page and click on the button to save the setup file. Once saved, double-click the file to begin the installation and convert your existing work.
See this video for more information:
New Features - Webinar
New Features - Articles
- Chart Key
- Spell Checker in Journal
- Line Charts now support custom colour schemes
- Tool Tips can now be setup with Custom Script values
- Typing data codes now supports a timeframe suffix. (For example BHP,w for weekly chart).
- Submit Diagnostics option added to Help menu
- New Chart Type - Frequency Distribution Chart
- New Chart Type - Regression Chart
- New Chart Type - Text Chart
- New Chart Type - Single Code Column Chart
- New Tool - Static Wheel of 24
- New Tool - Reward Risk Measure
- New Tool - Price Degree Intervals
- New Tool - Gann Day Counts
- New Tool - Relative Volatility
- New Tool - Days High / Low Trailing Stop
- New Tool - Trailing Linear Regression
- New Tool - Forecast (Bloomberg Only)
- New Tool - Breadth Data (Bloomberg Only)
- New Tool - Congestion Index
- New Tool - Divergence Index
- New Tool - True Rate of Change
- New Tool - True Strength Index
- New Tool - Ultimate Oscillator
- New Tool - Accumulation / Distribution
- New Tool - Herrick Payoff Index
- New Tool - Fisher Transform
- New Tool - Hilbert Transform
- New Tool - Commitment of Traders
- New Setting - Allows Workbook to Adjust Program Window Size
- New Setting - Remove Empty Named Layers from Layouts
- Fundamental Data now available for US and Australian Equities (requires subscription)
- New General Chart Action - Copy All Data Lists to Clipboard
- Data from Quandl can now be imported directly into Optuma (requires Professional Services)
- Show Plot now has a Start Date Property
- Number Searcher can now be applied to Spread Charts
- Cross Hair label can be set to Show Only Position / or Only Bar information
- Radius Label added to the Geometric Circle tool.
- The chart's Price Unit can now be displayed in the Time Price Measure label
- All display styles for View Tools now support custom script colours.
- When the number of custom buttons does not fit into the Tool Bar, a View More arrow will now display.
- Interface for Analysis Cluster tool has been updated.
- Bloomberg EDFs can now be added using their Field ID.
- Relative Comparison Chart can now display labels for Code, Name, Both.
- RRG Standard Deviation filter is now broken into X & Y components (generating an oval rather than a circle).
- Moving Average Band now support ATR and Standard Deviation values.
- Wheel of 24 now supports multi-colour highlights.
- Horizontal Lines applied to View tools to set Alerts will now work the same ways a Trend Line alert.
- New Tiling zones have been setup for charts.
- Relative Performance display added to Signal Tester
- Stratification option Added to Signal Tester
- Publishing using coloured group diamonds allows the cycling of multiple ticker symbols
- Option to hide the checkbox column of a Watchlist has been added
- Watchlist values can now be set to display without a comma separator
- Command Line Printing can now export results to a CSV file.
- New Functions have been added to the Command Line Printing
- Chart Header now supports a Timeframe label.
- Notes Chart - New Option - Hide Border on Print
- Include Index Page option added to Print Settings
- Show Trades in Price Scale option added to Print Settings
- Earnings indicator now includes a Date Range property.
New Data Exchanges & Data Groupings
As part of our continued commitment to expand the end of day data services in Optuma, we are excited to announce the release of our new Optuma Data Packages. Giving you access to more exchanges and greater flexibility to select the data you want.
If you are an existing subscriber to the Trader Services package you will be able to covert to the new data packages, select any 5 data groups, ranging from Australian Equities, US Equities, Commodities, World Indices, Foreign Exchange, European exchanges, Asian exchanges, Funds and Fundamental data.
If you have 5 data groups selected, and want to add more, additional groups can be selected from as little as $5 per month.
Switching to the new Optuma Data Packages is free, and can be done via your Optuma Portal page.
Simply login to the Portal, scroll down to the Data section and click the Modify button.
You will be asked to confirm your conversion to the new data system, and a list of available exchanges will display. Make your selection and click Save.
- The Script Editor window now supports the right-click mouse options to undo, copy, paste, and cut text.
- You can now add a Shaded Zone between two plots
- STD() now supports Sampling Method
- BARDATE() now supports Swing Chart data
- CHANGE() now supports a Fixed interval to calculate from a specified date
- EXP() has been added for Exponential calculations
- EARNINGS() now has an output for Last Date (requires a Bloomberg datafeed)
- HIGHESTHIGH() and LOWESTLOW() now accepts any input source
- AngleCrosses, AngleCrossesAbove and AngleCrossesBelow conditions added (useful for RRG and Astro scripts)
- MATCHES() now supports functions that produce a -1 value for inverse results
- GANNSWING() function now supports time frame modifiers such as WEEK(), MONTH()
- SIGNALAFTER() function added to show when a signal occurs after another signal has been met first.
- Custom Colours can now be set in General Settings for Astronomical items (Planets, Houses, Aspects, etc).
- Astro Text labels now display a more detailed tool tip
- Wheel of 24 – Planetary Overlay – Planets in Retrograde display as red and will display all labels if multiple planets are on the same number.
- Scripts for Astronomical indicators are now available in the Back Tester.