The Planetary Aspects tool will display the dates where any selected planetary relationship occurs (Mars Square Jupiter for example).
To apply the Planetary Aspects tool to your chart, select the Tools menu located at the top of the Optuma screen.
From the Astro tools, select Planetary Aspects.
Left-click on the chart and the Planetary Aspects Orbs / Symbols will display on the chart.
Actions & Properties
Add to Toolbar: Click this action to add the selected custom Planetary Aspects to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple Planetary Aspects tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool – such as hiding or adding levels- as this allows all the other Planetary Aspects tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Data to Clipboard: Will copy the tool’s values to the clipboard which can then be inserted into a spreadsheet, for example, allowing for further analysis.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected Planetary Aspects, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: If the symbols of the tool are displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the symbols view to the background.
Move to Front: If the symbols of the tool are displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the symbols to the forefront.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the Planetary Aspects, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the Planetary Aspects Properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new Planetary Aspects to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Set Time Alert: Sets a time alert for the selected symbol. For more information on Time Alerts, click here.
Delete: Delete the Planetary Aspects tool from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it’s displayed in the Structure Panel.
Planets 1: Allows you to select the 1st Planets/planetary bodies.
Planets 2: Allows you to select the 2nd Planets/planetary bodies.
Aspects: Allows you to select the Aspects / Angles that the tool will display for the Planetary Aspects.
Exact Only: When selected only exact matches will be displayed. For example, if you set a 120 degree angle, only the exact angle of 120 degrees will generate a result, not other multiples such as 240.
Geo / Helio / Sidereal: This setting allows you to change the Planetary Aspects setting between GeoCentric, HelioCentric, and Sidereal.
GMT Offset: Use this option to adjust the Planetary Aspects time zone setting for a specific market. Select the required GMT setting and the
Planetary Aspects will automatically update.
Coordinate Type: Select between Ecliptic (Longitude & Latitude) or Equatorial (Right Ascension & Declination).
Orb Properties: Expands to display the properties of the Orb, the following items can be adjusted:
- Show Orbs: Enables you to show or hide the orbs.
- Orb - This setting allows you to adjust the acceptable variance for the Planetary Aspects.
- Orb Transparency - Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the Orb. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency.
- Full-Size Height - Allows you to make the Orbs Full or Reduced sized.
- Orb Over All Views - When selected the Orb will extend the full length of the chart and will also extend to tools that are displayed in separate views, e.g. volume.
- Applying Orb: Update - With the release of Optuma v1.3 a new Orb Property has been added which allows you to display only the applying section of the Orb. This is defined as the part of the orb generated as the planet is moving into the exact aspect (line), the first half of a full orb.
Line Style: Expands to display the line properties for the Planetary Aspects lines. The following properties can be adjusted:
- Line Style - The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot, Stippled.
- Line Width - Allows you to adjust the width of the line for the Planetary Aspects. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour - Allows you to adjust the colour of the Planetary Aspects.
- Transparency - Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the Planetary Aspects. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency.
Show Symbols: When selected the Planetary Aspects will be displayed on the chart.
Position: Use this option to adjust the position of the Planetary Aspects symbols. The following positions can be selected: High, Low, Top, Bottom or Floating.
Symbol Size: Allows you to adjust the size of the Planetary Aspects symbols. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the Symbol size.
Symbol Colour: Allows you to adjust the colour of the Planetary Aspects symbol colour.
Stack Symbols: When multiple Planetary Aspect symbols are added to a chart, this property allows you to stack them instead of having them appear in front of each other.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.