Time By Planetary Degrees
The Time By Planetary Degrees tool will plot a vertical line every time a selected planet has travelled a set amount of degrees from a user-defined starting point. Multiple degree counts can be selected in the one tool, eg every time Mars moves 45 and 120-degrees from a major turning date:
The tool uses the ephemeris to calculate degree values, so when used in geocentric mode it doesn't count the total distance the planet has travelled during retrograde motion, only when it moves x degrees around the ephemeris from the starting point.
This explains why there may appear to be a gap between the degree counts, as per this example showing 45 degree moves in Mars, with the retrograde tool and shadow applied (note the label shows the total distance travelled in parentheses).
To add the tool to your chart, select the tool from the Astro tool group, and left-click on the bar on the chart you wish to calculate the tool from. Optuma will then draw the tool using the default settings.
Scripting Function: PDI()
Actions & Properties
Copy Data to Clipboard: Will copy the tool's values to the clipboard which can then be inserted into a spreadsheet, for example, allowing for further analysis.
Add to Toolbar: Adds the selected tool to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple Time By Planetary Degrees tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as line colour - as this allows all the other Time By Planetary Degrees tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected tool, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: If the tool is displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the tool view to the background.
Move to Front: If the tool is displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the tool to the forefront.
Set Time Alert: Selecting this action will set a Time Alert at the value the Vertical Line is positioned.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the tool, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the tool’s properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new Time By Planetary Degrees to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Delete: Deletes the tool from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it’s displayed in the Structure Panel.
Degree Steps: Click on this option to display the different Time By Planetary Degrees levels. To add a new level to the chart, left-click on the blue + button and enter the values as needed.
- Visible – To hide a level, deselect the check box with the green tick.
- Name – Allows you to set a name for the degree level.
- Value – Sets the degree value. To change the value amount, click in the field and enter the new value.
- Line Style – Sets the line type, thickness, colour and transparency of the Time By Planetary Degrees lines.
Planet: Select the planet and/or planetary body that is to be used in the Time By Planetary Degrees calculation.
Start Date: Sets the starting date for the Time by Planetary Degree Intervals.
Geo / Helio / Sidereal: This setting allows you to change the Time By Planetary Degrees setting between GeoCentric, HelioCentric, and Sidereal.
GMT Offset: Use this option to adjust the Time By Planetary Degrees time zone setting for a specific market. Select the required GMT setting and the Time By Planetary Degrees will automatically update.
Coordinate Type: Select between Ecliptic (Longitude & Latitude) or Equatorial (Right Ascension & Declination).
Repeat Style: Select between repeating Every Step, All Exact Steps, or First Step.
Direction: Selects which direction will be displayed, either Forward, Reverse or Both.
Base Line Style: Expands to display the line properties for the Base Line. The following properties can be adjusted:
- Line Style: The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot, Stippled.
- Line Width: Allows you to adjust the width of the line for the Time By Planetary Degrees. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour: Allows you to adjust the colour of the Time By Planetary Degrees.
Show Labels: Expands to display the line properties for the Time By Planetary Degrees. The following properties can be adjusted:
- Show Date: When selected the date for each Time By Planetary Degrees Interval will be displayed.
- Date Display: Allows you to choose between displaying Date Only, or Date and Time.
- Show Symbol: When selected the symbol for each Time By Planetary Degrees Interval will be displayed.
- Symbol Size: When Show Symbol is active, this property allows you to adjust the size of the Astro symbol. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the size of the symbol.
- Show Values: When selected the value for each Time By Planetary Degrees Interval will be displayed (in geocentric mode the value in parentheses is the total distance travelled during retrograde motion).
- Label Size: Allows you to adjust the size of the Time By Planetary Degrees Intervals labels. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Label Colour: Allows you to adjust the colour of the Time By Planetary Degrees Intervals labels.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.